83 Liardet Street
New Plymouth, 4030
Facebook: Element Elite NP
This is our first full year offering cheerleading classes in New Plymouth. To start off with we will have both a non-competitive and a competitive team and by 2021 we plan to have many more teams to suit all ages and abilities. The youngest age group we will cater for in 2020 will be 4 years old. Our athletes will be training at the YMCA where they will have foam tumble strips, tumbling equipment and other fitness equipment to help with learning new skills and improving technique safely. We hope to create a goal-orientated environment for children to enjoy cheerleading, make friendships and enjoy exercising!
29 Collins Street
Facebook: Element Elite
This is our largest location with a 9 strip sprung floor, an air track and other tumbling equipment. Hawera will be offering multiple non-competitive and competitive teams for children as young as 6 months old. 2020 will be our 4th year running in Hawera. Over the past three years our Hawera teams have won many Nationals and State titles. Our athletes set goals each term and are rewarded after each achievement. This helps them have a focus which in turn makes our classes more productive.
Eutopia Dance & Cheer
Date: 21st June 2020
Battle in the Bay
Date: 25th/26th July 2020
Date: 20th September 2020
|Programme/Competitions||Eutopia Dance & Cheer||Battle in the Bay||Spring Carnival||Nationals|
Sparkles 9:30 - 10:30a.m.
Shimmer 10:30 - 11:30a.m.
Sparkles 9:30 - 10:30a.m.
Shimmer 10:30 - 11:30a.m.
|4:00 - 4:30p.m.||Rubies||Diamonds||Silver|
|4:30 - 5:00p.m.||Rubies||Tumbling||Diamonds||Silver|
|5:00 - 5:30p.m.||Neon||Tumbling||Diamonds||Emeralds|
|5:30 - 6:00p.m.||Neon||Krypton||Krypton||Emeralds|
|6:00 - 6:30p.m.||Platinum||Krypton||Krypton|
|6:30 - 7:00p.m.||Platinum||Krypton||Krypton|
Term and Conditions
Our goal at Element Elite is to deliver a high quality program. In order to achieve this we need to work together as athlete, parent and coach to create a balance between delivering successful routines and an environment which is fun, inclusive and empowering to our athletes.
As a team member, you are now an ambassador for Element Elite. This means you will be held to the highest standard of behaviour when attending any Element Elite events including practices, competitions, social events and performances. We know that you will do your best to represent Element Elite in the most positive way and contribute to your team this season.
Joining our program includes committing on a term by term basis for our CheerTOTs and Flips, Lifts & Dance teams, half yearly for our CheerSPORTS teams and a full year of classes and tuition for our EliteCHEER teams. Please take the time to read and understand the following policies so you can make an informed decision.
FINANCIAL TERMS AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
1. Training fees are due upfront each term
2. All overdue fees will incur a $10 late payment fee
3. You are welcome to pay in advance weekly or fortnightly for the next upcoming term.
- There will be a 20% discount on term fees for the second and 50% for the third
MEDICAL CONDITIONS / INJURIES
- Please include any medical history when you complete your enrolment form
- Please keep your medical history up to date via your friendly manager log on
- Injured athletes are required to supply their coach with a physiotherapy report or medical certificate outlining the extent of the injury, rehab plan and when they are allowed to restart training. Injured athletes without a report or certificate will not be allowed to train.
- Every coach holds a First Aid qualification. The first aid kit is available to any student through their coach. Element Elite is unable to provide athletes with Panadol or equivalent medication. The club reserves the right to call an ambulance for any athlete and will not bear responsibility for any costs this incurs. Parents will be notified immediately.
- Athletes will not be allowed to progress to the next level until it is appropriate for them to do so. As frustrating as it might be at times, we believe in perfection before progression. We do not allow students to learn advanced tumbling skills before perfecting their basic. This policy ensures long-term success as well as confidence.
- Parents and athletes need to note that cheerleading is a highly competitive and potentially dangerous sport. The stunts involve being lifted above peoples heads and any tumbling involves risks and could lead to injuries. At Element Elite we take every precaution to limit these injuries. Unfortunately, we can not prevent them all. In the unfortunate event that your child is injured we will take every step to ensure your child’s well being. Element Elite will not be held responsible for any injury an athlete incurs while at training.
- If you are on a competition team, you MUST ATTEND your scheduled competitions. The detrimental effect on a team missing athletes for competitions is huge and it makes our coaches jobs incredibly hard. It is imperative that all competitions are attended.
- Performance schedules are usually released 2 weeks beforehand by the event providers so please keep the WHOLE WEEKEND free until you know your arrival, performance and prize giving time.
- All athletes MUST attend prize giving. We ask that you stay for the whole of prize giving to show your support to other teams and clubs.
- Missing training within 3 weeks of a competition is completely unacceptable for ANY reason and may result in your athlete being removed from the routine for that competition.
- Due to the team based nature of the sport, Element Elite has a very strict policy on attendance for classes. An athlete missing training for whatever reason (good or bad) significantly affects training and is detrimental to the entire team as choreography, stunts and pyramid sections all don’t work if a single athlete is not there. Due to this, if an athlete misses 2 trainings or more during a term, they may be removed from the routine until whenever the coach deems it an appropriate time to inject them back in.
- Hospitalisation, serious contagious illness, funerals or school functions worth credits are the only accepted reasons to miss training. If ill or injured, athletes are still expected to attend and watch training so as to not miss changes.
- School exams, homework load or tests the following day are also not considered acceptable reasons to miss training. We expect all of our athletes to prepare themselves for their schooling responsibilities so that they do not negatively impact their team.
- It is not acceptable to punish your child by making them miss cheerleading practice as it effects the whole team.
- Lateness is not tolerated and if ongoing lateness for either drop offs or pick ups continues this may result in dismissal from your team
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes but no more than 10 minutes before your training time.
- Please ensure you pick up your child on time. We are not responsible for children that are left after their training time. It also causes disruption to our other teams when you leave your child at Element Elite after their training time.
- As our club community grows ever larger we are constantly striving to communicate better with our athletes and parents. We have several communication methods that we use for varying information.
- Should you wish to discuss your child’s progress with the coaches please contact us via email to organise a meeting outside training hours.
- Under no circumstances is a parent allowed to approach a coach during training or back stage at competitions.
- All official communication from the club will be distributed via email to both parents and athletes
- All billing information will be supplied to a single nominated customer email address.
- Athlete absences should be emailed to the office AS WELL as phoned in.
- Notifications may be sent in the form of text messages to parents and athletes mobile phone numbers.
- Please do not contact coaches personal mobiles outside opening hours unless there is an emergency or at competitions.
- Athletes running late need to notify the gym office via phone as well as send an email.
1. The Parent Portal will be kept up to date with events
2. Here you can find our outstanding fees
- Athletes not properly attired will not be permitted to train.
- All athletes must have long hair tied back off the face for all classes
- Must remove all jewellery (only studs and sleepers allowed) prior to each training session. Cheerleading is a contact sport and jewellery of any sort becomes dangerous to both the wearer and teammates.
- Fingernails must be kept short at all times.
- Runners or cheer shoes are required at every training session. Shoes must be on before your training time.
- Training gear must be suitable for cheerleading and no loose fitting clothing, denim, zippers etc.
- As cheerleading is a sport that requires close contact with other people, we also ask you to be especially aware of your hygiene when attending training. Showers and deodorant are essential.
SPORTSMANSHIP & BEHAVIOUR
- Athletes and parents are expected to always exhibit good sportsmanship and show respect for Element Elite staff, team mates, other athletes and parents within the gym.
- Disrespectful behaviour will not be tolerated. This includes, but is not limited to the following:
(a)The use of inappropriate language towards another athlete, coach, parent or staff member.
(b)Inappropriate comments made about or to another athlete, coach, parent or staff member.
(c)Lack of cooperation or willingness to participate positively in training sessions.
(d)Bullying other athletes, coaches, staff members or parents within Element Elite either within scheduled training time or your own time.
(e)Poor sportsmanship or negative comments towards other competition teams whether at practice, competition or in your own time.
- Physical Violence or any kind of behaviour which is in violation of any governing law will result in the athlete(s) in question being asked to leave the programme
- Element Elite has a zero tolerance policy for bullying or negative behaviour of any kind. We are committed to teaching our athletes positive behaviour and reaction strategies; however, should this behaviour continue to effect the team, athlete(s) in question will be asked to leave the programme for the emotional and physical safety of others involved.
- Element Elite may dismiss or suspend any athlete for the following reasons:
(a)Possessing, using, or being a party to any illegal drug.
(b)Committing any act which would be considered an offence under any governing law.
(c)For attitude problems and disrespectful behaviour towards coaches, team management, staff, cheerleaders, parents or anyone involved with the Element Elite program including but not limited to derogatory remarks, spiteful comments, unsportsmanlike behaviour, coercing team members to quit or join another program.
(d)Harassment either verbally, written text, emailed, blogged or posted on the web or communicated in any other means.
- Anyone threatening to quit will be asked to leave immediately, and NO refund will be given.
- There will be no arguing or questioning of the coaching staffs decisions at competitions or practices.
- No gossip will be tolerated about an athlete on your team, any coaches or staff of Element Elite or any other team. It is much better to address a problem with us than listen to idle gossip
- No athlete is allowed to spot another athlete for any tumbling skill unless they have been trained to do so.
- No equipment is to be used without permission from a coach
- Personal items are to be placed in the athlete room before training and all water bottles are to be placed in the allocated area
- NO food or drink on the floor
- No food during training times. If you are training longer than 2hrs you will be giving an allocated break. During this time you can eat in the athlete room.
- No gum allowed inside the Element Elite facility
- Athletes are only allowed on the floor during training times. If you are early to training you are require to wait in the athlete room
- Phones must be turned off during training.
- Please do not bring items of value to training. Element Elite will not be held responsible for any personal items that are broken, lost or stolen.